We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
It is no secret that the moon has a strong influence on all life on earth. Which is why it is recommended to also do gardening with the moon. You can read here how it works.Gardening with the moon? - That's fine!
The basic prerequisite is the realization that not only the phases of the moon alone influence gardening success, but also the connection between moon positions and signs of the zodiac play an important role. It is basically the case that the full moon always has a positive influence on the growth of all plants.
For a better understanding, we would like to give you some basic knowledge about gardening with the moon and explain how the moon influences the garden and how you should effectively garden with the moon.
Moon phases and moon levels
Humans today differentiate in phases of the moon. One speaks regularly of four phases, which are walked through in a cycle of 28 days:
- New moon - often referred to as the crescent moon
- Increasing Moon
- full moon
- Waning moon
Here you also differentiate between two different moon levels (ascending and descending).
Zodiac signs and elements
We also differentiate between 12 zodiac signs (zodiac signs), which in turn are assigned to the elements fire, water, air and earth:
- Earth sign: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn = root days and tuber days
- Air sign: Libra, Aquarius, Gemini = flowering days and growth days
- Watermark: cancer, scorpion, fish = leaf days, watering and fertilizing
- Fire signs: Sagittarius, Leo, Aries = fertile days (propagation) and promotion of maturity
Gardening with the moon - how it works
Sowing, harvesting, weeding, etc. - everything depends on the right time so that it ends up being successful. With the knowledge previously described, you can work very easily in the future according to the moon levels. That may sound strange to many who have never heard of gardening with the moon, but you will see that your plants grow much better and your harvest is also much more productive.
Just stick to the following moon rules and be amazed at how well your plants thrive.
- It is best to harvest herbs only on a full moon, which will allow them to develop their greatest healing powers.
- Trees and shrubs are always pruned at the new moon.
- A pale, slightly yellow moon indicates rain - then you should provide the rain barrels.
- With the moon rising, you can repot and reposition plants.
- You should never water your houseplants on flowering days. Then you don't have to worry about pests.
- Fire sign days are fruit days on which also the plant care fruitful is or is particularly well absorbed by the plants.
- Storage crops that thrive above the earth (e.g. fruit trees) should always be harvested when the moon rises, preferably in the days from Sagittarius to Gemini. Except the harvest on fish days, this should always be consumed immediately.
- Roots should always be harvested when the moon is waning.
- If you mow the lawn at new moon, it grows back much faster and much slower, but denser at full moon.
- You should also take into account that when the moon is waxing, the sap rises into the plants and when the moon is waning, it goes into the roots. This in turn means that you should plant tall plants when the moon is rising and sow soil crops like kohlrabi and carrots when the moon is waning.
Special garden lunar calendars are available in specialist shops and on the Internet, which provide helpful instructions for every garden day. Books on the subject of gardening with the moon can also be found on the Internet.
For example, I can recommend the book to you Gardening after the moon with Maria Thun: sowing days, planting times, harvest days (Book is available here). Because Maria Thun is the grande dame of sowing days. For about 50 years she has been working intensively on how every gardener can grow, maintain and harvest successful plants with the help of the moon and planets.